The 2020 and 2021 jet boat seasons brought their fair share of challenges, but we are proud to say that we were able to operate safely and offer over 100 thousand guests the same thrill we’ve been chasing for 30 years. All policies and procedures, implemented at both our Canadian and US operations, are in alignment with current public health regulations and guidelines and can change at any time.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Not only do we have well-established cleaning protocols already in place, but we have increased the frequency and focus of our cleaning procedures, as listed:
- Full disinfectant application (EnviroNize Catholyte) of vessels and gear
- Additional spot cleaning of high-touch surfaces on a frequent schedule
- Increased access to hand sanitization stations at all locations
- During the tour, all guests will have the option of wearing a whitewater helmet with a polycarbonate face shield
- Emphasis on preventative hygiene practices with our staff and guests
We are also adhering to all government directives in regards to physical distancing, capacity restrictions and cleaning protocols in all areas of our operations.
The health and safety of our staff and our guests are of the utmost priority. We have adjusted our operations to ensure the wellbeing of our staff amid COVID-19, as listed:
- Our management team have all received Certificates of Completion for the Pandemic Awareness Course through the Worksite Safety Compliance Centre, to ensure that we have the most up to date knowledge on health and safety procedures
- Our staff have received additional training on cleaning procedures and preventative hygiene practices
- We have reallocated new staff areas with controlled maximum density to ensure physical distancing
- We have installed shields at high touch points in registration and retail areas
We highly recommend that reservations are booked in advance. Please book all guests in your party on one reservation, if possible. You can book online here. Or contact us at 1-888-438-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please arrive on site for check in, 45 minutes prior to your scheduled tour. We ask that you not arrive any earlier as we may not be able to assist you until your scheduled check in time.
Yes! It is highly recommended that waivers are filled out prior to your arrival on site. You can download your printable waiver form here.
We have restroom facilities at all locations, accessible to jet boating guests. Not only do we have well-established cleaning protocols already in place, but we have now increased the frequency and focus of our cleaning procedures
Yes! Although, we do ask you to arrive on site wearing the clothes you plan to wear on the jet boat tour. Change-room facilities will be available after your tour to change any wet clothing.
We do have lockers on site available for use. If our lockers are full you can secure all of your belongings in your vehicle prior to your jet boat tour and we can keep your keys in our front desk key box.
No, at this time (under current Provincial and State guidelines) a mask is not required on site at our Canadian location in Queenston ON or our US location in Lewiston NY.
The mandate for the wearing of masks on site could change at any time. Please adhere to signage and staff directives while on site.
Nope! At this time we are not requiring (and will not be checking) vaccination status to participate in our tours.
Yes! We highly recommend that you purchase your digital media package to help us ensure proper physical distancing in our retail area and limit your wait times. As an added bonus, you’ll save more by pre-purchasing! Learn more here
If you are unable to join us for your experience, for any reason, please see the cancellation policies listed on your booking confirmation. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-438-4444
Have a question that wasn’t answered here? Send us a message!